Saturday, March 17, 2012

Better Late than Never

I have been a running off and on since 2008. I can still remember the first time I tried to run a mile. It was with my husband and we were at River Front Park. I saw mile markers along the path and thought that I was close to my quest to finish one mile, unfortunately it was only the half mile mark. I stopped, I cried, and I gave up.
Who would ever think that within 4 short years I would be training for a Full Marathon in a state that I have never visited. I have to say that I am super excited about this journey that I am on. I believe that running has given me a boost of confidence not only in my athletic ability but also in myself. I do not like failure and I often stray far away from anything that I deem to be hard with a chance of failure. As I write this blog today I am on week 9 of my Marathon Training. I have been meaning to write this blog for a while but have kept putting it off. I have been tracking my miles and can happily say that I have not missed one single run since I have started my training! I am excited to experience this journey and continue to learn about myself along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment