Sunday, July 15, 2012

I swear I am going to do better!

I should have know that blogging would have been a good idea for me and my self confidence in my running ability! Case in point-----> My first attempt at a blog if you were to read some of my old rants about running you would never in a million years think that I have ran 4 half marathons and that I am currently signed up to run 3 full marathons before the end of the year.  I am sure looking back over the last 26 weeks of hard training for the current marathon that if I had simply taken the time to jot down a few notes to myself that I would be amazed at what I have accomplished!

With all that being said, I am officially in taper mood. In 2 weeks I will be in San Fransisco and will have finished my first marathon. I am very excited about traveling to California to do the race as well as completing the race on a course that is notorious for hills. It makes me laugh every time someone says, "You know there are hills in San Fransisco?" Or "I hope you have been doing some hill training!" What to people think that I am a complete idiot?

Today was my last real "long" run before the marathon. My hubby and I did 12 miles around the lake near our house. There where a lot of hills and the temperature was around 94 with a lot of humidity. Running in the heat is hard work! I needed just a tad more water and I believe I would not have encountered the cramps that I had on the last mile. The good news is that there will be very little heat when I get the San Fran. I had to buy a jacket to run in yesterday from Walmart so I can throw it away once I get accustomed to the change in temperature.

I can not wait for the next to weeks to fly by. I would prefer that July 27th-August 5th slooooow way down.


Sharen

No comments:

Post a Comment