Monday, July 16, 2012

13 Days and counting....

There are only 13 short days until I am across the country standing in corral 6 waiting to run my very first marathon. I have decided to do a few things to get me in tip top shape before the marathon.

Promises to keep before my first marathon

  1. I will get at least 8 hours of sleep each night.
  2. I will east as many fruits and vegetables as I can.
  3. I will not skip any meals.
  4. I will not drink any wine or beer over the next 13 days.
  5. I will pick out my running outfit for the marathon and begin to pack for the trip.
  6. I will relax and realize that yes, I am ready for this.
  7. I will enjoy the last 2 weeks of taper leading up to the marathon.
  8. I will make a play list of music to pump me up before the marathon.
  9. I will reflect on how far I have come over the past 7 months.
  10. I will kick butt!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome promises! I can never manage 8 hours of sleep though ...what's your secret?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 8 hours of sleep has been the hardest promice to keep! I will always wake up by 7 am no matter what time I go to bed so I have to force myself if possible to go to bed at night!

      Delete